Steve Bisciotti 101: An American Businessman
Zatrun Published at September 18, 2023

In this article, titled “Who is Steve Bisciotti 101: An American Businessman?” we will delve into everything you need to know about the American businessman, Steve Bisciotti, that our readers at are curious about.

Who is Steve Bisciotti?

Stephen J. Bisciotti is an American businessman born on April 10, 1960 and the majority owner of the NFL’s Baltimore Ravens team. He is also a co-founder of Allegis Group, an international talent management firm based in Hanover, Maryland that owns Aerotek, the largest privately-held staffing and recruiting company in the United States. Allegis Group also owns TEKsystems, Actalent, MarketSource, Major, Lindsey & Africa, Aston Carter, and Allegis Global Solutions.

Steve Bisciotti

Bisciotti was born on April 10, 1960 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the youngest of three children in a middle-class Italian-American family. In 1961, his parents, Bernard and Patricia Bisciotti, moved to Severna Park, Maryland, a suburb of Baltimore, for his father’s job as a sales manager in construction. As a child, Bisciotti often attended Baltimore Orioles and Colts games with his family. At the age of eight, his father passed away from leukemia. After his father’s death, the family was supported by C. Gordon Johnston, a retired regional sales representative.

Bisciotti attended Severn School but transferred to Severna Park High School after two years. In his senior year, he played on the football team, but said he “didn’t do much as a high school athlete, but played football, baseball, and basketball all the time growing up.”

In 1982, Steve Bisciotti graduated from Salisbury State University with a degree in liberal arts. A year later, at the age of 23, he and his cousin Jim Davis founded a company called Aerotek to provide staffing services for the aviation and technology industries. Running the business out of a basement with used equipment, Steve Bisciotti and Davis turned Aerotek into Allegis Group with $1.5 million in sales in its first year. Allegis Group is now the world’s largest privately-held staffing firm. Bisciotti’s interest in sports eventually drew more attention to his once low-profile company.

Ownership of a Sports Team

On March 27th, 2000, NFL owners approved the sale of 49% of the Baltimore Ravens to Bisciotti. Under the agreement, Bisciotti had the option to purchase the remaining 51% from Art Modell for $325 million in 2004. On January 28th, 2001, the Ravens won Super Bowl XXXV. On April 9th, 2004, the NFL approved the purchase of the majority stake in the club. One of the first projects led by Steve Bisciotti as owner of the Ravens was to build a state-of-the-art facility for the team’s training and practice, named “The Castle”, which opened in October 2004.

Steve Bisciotti 101: The Inspiring American Businessman with a Winning Attitude

After the 2007 season, Bisciotti fired Brian Billick. However, Billick had served as the head coach of the Ravens for eight years, including the team’s Super Bowl XXXV win. Bisciotti surprised many observers by selecting John Harbaugh as the new coach, who had previously peaked in his prior experience as the special teams coach for the Philadelphia Eagles for several successful years. In 2012, the Baltimore Ravens seized the opportunity of a 10-6 season and defeated the San Francisco 49ers on February 3rd, 2013 to win Super Bowl XLVII. In 2005, Bisciotti ranked 378th on Forbes’ 400 list of America’s wealthiest people.

Aerotek Lawsuit

In 2009, Aerotek, the company co-founded by Stephen Bisciotti, reached a $1.2 million settlement in a class action lawsuit brought on behalf of over 1,000 Aerotek employees who worked at the Verizon Internet Services call center in Martinsburg, West Virginia, which closed in December 2006. The company faced allegations, according to Berkeley County Circuit Court records, that employees were not timely paid for their accumulated personal time off and that all wages due under the West Virginia Wage Payment and Collection Act and the Fair Labor Standards Act were not paid, leading to the lawsuit.

Personal Life

Steve Bisciotti is a practicing Catholic and serves on the board of Associated Catholic Charities and Mother Seton Academy. He is married to Renee (Foote) Bisciotti and they have two sons. The family resides in the Point Field Landing area of the Severn River in Maryland.

In addition to owning the Ravens, which were valued at $2.7 billion in 2019, Bisciotti also owns a $20 million yacht called “Winning Drive” and two Dassault Falcon private jets.

Follow the developments in the crypto world. What would you like us to inform you about?